Who contributed to the database?
This database has been developed thanks to the engagement and contributions of participants. To date, the following organizations have provided information on improved agricultural technologies and good practices contained in this database:
Crotalaria is effective against nematode damage of chili in South-East Asia
|Dr. Tomohide Sugino, Representative, Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS) Southeast Asia|
|Broomgrass farming||Mr. Khop Narayan Shrestha, Executive Chairperson, Manahari Development Institute-Nepal (MDI)|
|Small-scale distillation unit||Mr. Vijaya Sthapit, Non-Timber Forest Products Program Coordinator,International Development Enterprises (iDE), Nepal|
|Leasehold riverbed vegetable farming||Hari Gurung, Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation, Nepal|
|Vermitechnology||Dr. A.Thimmaiah, Advisor, Ministry of Agriculture and Forests, Royal Government of Bhutan|
|Mini-hatcheries for chickens and ducks||Mr. S M Rajiur Rahman, Independent Consultant, Livestock and Livelihood Development , International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)|
|7||Mobile cricket raising units||Mr. Cedric DELANNOY, Annâdya Technical Manager, Cambodia|
|8||Integrated Pest Management for Eggplant Fruit and Shoot Borer||Global Technology Dissemination, AVRDC – The World Vegetable Center|
|9||Floating Vegetable Garden||Mohammed Abu Taiyeb Chowdhury, Department of Geography and Environmental Studies, University of Chittagong, Bangladesh
Md. Gias Uddin Talukder, HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Bangladesh
|10||Bio intensive school gardens: enhancing nutritional and agro biodiversity outcomes||Ms. Irish Baguilat, BIG Program Coordinator, International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR)|
|11||System of Rice Intensification||Literature review conducted by Dr. Simone Kathrin Kriesemer|
|12||Vegetable pool or vegetable bush||Mr. Augustin Bario, Senior Manager (ECD), Caritas Bangladesh;
Mr. Sukleash George Costa, National Coordinator, Caritas Bangladesh,www.caritasbd.org
|13||Ecosanitation||Eklavya Prasad, Megh Pyne Abhiyan,https://meghpyneabhiyan.wordpress.com/|
|14||Integrated rice-duck farming||Dr. Shaikh Tanveer Hossain, Sustainable Agriculture Advisor, Friends In Village Development Bangladesh (FIVDB)|
|15||Jeevatu crop treatment||Dr. Khadga Bhakta Paudel, Executive Director and Chief Scientist, Neplaese Farming Institute, www.nfi.org.np|
|16||Jeevatu-based compost||Dr. Khadga Bhakta Paudel, Executive Director and Chief Scientist, Neplaese Farming Institute, www.nfi.org.np|
|17||Mukibat’ grafting system in cassava production||Dr. Noureddine Benkeblia, University of the West Indies, Mona, Jamaica|
|18||Domestic yam production||Md. Abdullah-Al-Maamun, Senior Programme Manager, NETZ Bangladesh
Nazmun Nahar Nur, Programme Manager, NETZ Bangladesh.
|19||Tomato grafting||AVRDC - The World Vegetable Center's Global Technology Dissemination (GTD) group and in particular Gregory C. Luther, Willie Chen, and Joko Mariyono
Mr. Ketut Santika, Indonesian farmer
A special thanks is expressed to the following experts who provided time to technically review agriculture technology factsheets contained in this database:
- Dr. Manuel C. Palada, Ph.D., Visiting Professor of Sustainable Agriculture, College of Agriculture, Resources & Environmental Sciences, Central Philippine University.
- Dr. Takashi Takahatake, Programme Officer, Centre for Alleviation of Poverty through Sustainable Agriculture (CAPSA) of ESCAP.
- Dr Antonio Acedo Jr., Postharvest Specialist, AVRDC – The World Vegetable Center, South Asia Regional Office.
- Dr. Narayan Khanal, Assistant Professor, Regional and Cultural Studies, Hiroshima University, Japan.
- Yudi Sastro, Program Coordinator, Assessment Institute of Agricultural Technologies, Indonesia.
- Mr. James McGrane, Team Leader, Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Diseases, Indonesia.
- Mr. Patrick B. Durst, Senior Forestry Officer, FAO Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific.
- Dr. Yupa Hanboonsong, Director, Office of International Agriculture, Faculty of Agriculture, Khon Kaen University.
- Dr. Syed Nurul Alam, Chief Scientific Officer & Head, Entomology Division, Bangladesh Agricultural Research Institute (BARI), Joydebpur, Gazipur, Bangladesh.
- Dr. Usha R. Palaniswamy, Project Manager, Vegetables Go to School, AVRDC - The World Vegetable Center, Taiwan.
- Dr. Georg Deichert, Senior Advisor/Agriculture Economics, Sustainable Land Management (SLM) Program, Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
- Dr. Hannah Jaenicke, , Coordinator, Horticulture Competence Centre. www.ko-ga.eu.
- Chris Canaday (MA, U. Florida), Free-lance Biologist and EcoSan Promoter/Researcher, inodoroseco.blogspot.com.
- Kim Andersson, Research Fellow, Stockholm Environment Institute, www.sei-international.org.
- Dr. Dieter Nill, Project coordinator, Sector Project Sustainable Agriculture, Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Eschborn, Germany.
- Dr. Alexander Schöning, Advisor, Sector Project Sustainable Agriculture, Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Eschborn, Germany.
- Dr. Francisco Pérez-Alfocea, Senior Researcher at the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Murcia, Spain.